Cardiac CatheterizationHeart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S. – millions are living with heart disease, and some may not even realize they have it. Now more than ever it’s important to get diagnosed and treated quickly. That’s where Renown Health’s Cardiac Catheterization program comes in.
Cardiac catheterization (cardiac cath or heart cath) is a procedure that is both a diagnostic test and a treatment. It can show how healthy the heart is and treat heart valve problems, clogged arteries and heart defects. Renown Health is home to 3 state-of-the-art Cardiac Cath Labs.
Renown Health is recognized by the American College of Cardiology (ACC) as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI distinction - the only facility of its kind in Reno-Tahoe. PCI designation means we specialize in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) - also known as coronary angioplasty - as the primary treatment for acute heart attacks. We strive to ensure patients experiencing an acute heart attack receive rapid treatment in the cardiac catheterization lab to minimize damage to the heart muscle. In addition, Renown Health received the Chest Pain – MI Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award in 2022 and 2021.
Why the Test is PerformedCardiac catheterization is a common procedure to treat a variety of heart problems. For example, your general cardiologist may recommend this procedure if you have irregular heartbeats (arrythmias), chest pain (angina) or heart valve problems. The procedure may be done during the diagnosis and treatment of:
Programas y servicios
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Rehabilitación cardíaca
- General Cardiology
- Programa de insuficiencia cardíaca
- Imágenes y pruebas del corazón
- Personal de enfermería de enlace del corazón
- Cirugía de corazón
- Programa de administración de medicamentos
- Programa de cardiopatía estructural
- Atención vascular
- Women’s Heart Center
Cardiac Catheterization ProceduresDuring cardiac cath, one or more thing flexible tubes (catheter) are passed through a blood vessel in the groin, wrist orneck, depending on the reason for the procedure, and guided to the heart. At Renown Health, our team of experts specialize in the following procedures:
- Coronary angiogram – This procedure uses X-ray imaging to see your heart’s blood vessels. checking for blockages in the arteries leading to the heart
- Cardiac ablation – In this procedure, a doctor uses heat or cold energy to create tiny scars in your heart to block abnormal electrical signals and restore a normal heartbeat.
- Right heart catheterization – This procedure checks the pressure and blood flow in the right side of the heart.
- Balloon angioplasty – This procedure is used to open a narrowed artery in or near the heart.
- Heart biopsy – In this procedure the doctor is taking a sample of heart tissue.
- Repair of congenital heart defects – Procedure to close a hole in the heart, such as an atrial septal defect or patent foramen ovale.
- Balloon valvuloplasty – this procedure widens a narrowed heart valve.
- Heart Valve replacement – Used to replace a narrowed heart valve.
Meet the Cardiac Cath Lab Team
Meet the Cardiac Cath Lab Team
Proveedores de atención relacionados:
Clases y eventos