Neurology Intensive Care Units (Neuro-ICU) are one of the newest and fastest-growing specialty clinical environments in major medical centers. These ICUs are unique, bringing together specially trained personnel, sophisticated monitoring techniques and specialized treatment modalities for patients with life-threatening neurological conditions.
The Renown Neuro-ICU is the largest Neuro ICU in northern Nevada with a 18-bed, highly specialized unit where critically ill patients with brain and spine disorders receive state-of-the-art intensive medical and surgical management.
¿Qué esperar?A referral from your provider is required for admittance into the Neuro-ICU. Patients receive intensive care around the clock and are closely monitored. Our team will develop a comprehensive care plan, including a transition to the next level of care—which may include transfer to additional Neurosciences specialties and programs, such as Acute Rehabilitation Hospital or Physiatry Neuro-Rehabilitation Clinic.
World-Class Specialized Care
Patients with neurological illnesses and disorders are distinct and complex because they involve the nervous system. The Renown Neuro-ICU unit has specialized training to recognize and manage the specific needs of neurological patients. Our Neuro-ICU is staffed full-time by board-certified neurointensivists specializing in neurological and medical intensive care.
The combination of this highly specialized unit and the Neuro-ICU's advanced technology allows us to deliver world-class, compassionate and comprehensive care to our patients.
This highly specialized team consists of:
- Intensive care specialists
- Neurocritical care physicians
- Enfermeros certificados
- Nurse practitioners
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Patient care assistants
- Respiratory therapists
- Physical occupation therapists
- Speech therapists
- Trabajadores sociales
Conditions and TreatmentsWe see and treat neurological conditions of all types, including:
- Brain trauma
- Brain tumors
- Síndrome de Guillain-Barré
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Derrame cerebral
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Spinal Cord Trauma
Programas y servicios
- Hospital de rehabilitación aguda
- Acute Care Therapy
- Programa de epilepsia
- Programa de dolor de cabeza
- Neurorradiología intervencionista
- Programa de trastornos de la memoria
- Programa de trastornos del movimiento
- Programa de esclerosis múltiple
- Terapia ambulatoria
- Unidad de cuidados intensivos neurológicos
- Estudios clínicos de neurociencias
- Programa para derrames cerebrales y afecciones neurovasculares
- Columna vertebral, deportes y manejo del dolor