Three Emergency Room Options for You and Your Family
17 de febrero de 2023
Renown Health has three emergency rooms open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, ready to serve our community. We checked in with Amy Hawkins, Manager of Clinical Nursing at Renown South Meadows, to learn more about the emergency room experience and how each can accommodate your emergency care needs.
1. Renown Regional Emergency Room
The emergency room at Renown Regional Medical Center is the only Level II Trauma Center between Sacramento and Salt Lake City, treating more than 80,000 ER and trauma patients annually.
Services Offered: This location offers immediate emergency care covered by general surgeons and coverage by the specialties of orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology and critical care. In addition, tertiary care needs include cardiac surgery, hemodialysis and microvascular surgery. (Patients may be referred to a Level I Trauma Center.)
2. Renown South Meadows Emergency Room
South Reno is expanding, and so is Renown South Meadows ER!
Exciting transformations are happening across this campus, including the new 121,000-square-foot specialty care center and upgrades to the existing medical center—expanding care to our patients.
Added benefits to the more intimate setting at South Meadows:
- Smaller ER also means more personal experience. The team traditionally has more time to spend with each patient at the bedside.
- A smaller campus means convenient parking, as the ER is just outside the front entrance; however, patients are reminded to follow marked road signs when approaching the campus during construction.
- Most patients arrive by private vehicle versus an ambulance, so we are very accustomed to thinking quickly on our feet.
Benefits to new construction:
- A new Cath lab will allow us to treat patients experiencing a heart attack and needing immediate intervention to open vessels in their hearts.
- Additional lab and imaging capabilities for our patients
Services Offered: This location offers immediate emergency care staffed with board-certified emergency physicians. Patients can expect one-on-one interactions with trusted providers and shorter wait times.
All emergency room services are open during construction, and patients are reminded to follow marked road signs when approaching the campus.
3. Sala de emergencias de Renown Children’s Hospital
This location offers immediate emergency care, with pediatric specialists always on staff. In addition, the Children's ER lobby is ideal for our littlest patients, with a child-friendly atmosphere and vibrant colors to help decrease the anxiety accompanying emergencies.
Medical equipment is sized just for kids, and we offer a distraction machine, games and movies to help children cope with what can be a traumatic experience, like getting an IV. In addition, we have Child Life Specialists available to provide emotional support to both children and their families.
When to Bring Your Child to the ER:
- Reacciones alérgicas
- Asthma attacks
- Baby under three months old with a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Broken bones
- Choking or poisoning
- Difficulty breathing
- Eye injuries
- Fainting, dizziness and confusion
- Head injuries
- Ataque cardíaco
- Rashes Seizures
- Severe bleeding
- Severe headache
- Severe pain
- Skin infections
- Derrame cerebral
- Venomous stings and bites
What You Need to Know About the Medicare Annual Enrollment PeriodDon’t worry, there’s still time to enroll in a Medicare plan! You’ve probably noticed all the advertisements lately encouraging Medicare beneficiaries to enroll before AEP ends on Dec. 7. But what is AEP, and how can you ensure the best...Leer más
How Referrals Work at Hometown Health and Senior Care PlusYour provider wants to send you to a specialist. ¿Ahora qué? You are about to enter the referral process. A referral is your provider’s recommendation for you to see a specialist or receive specialized treatment. When it comes to referrals,...Leer más