Healthy Heart Program
This is a medically supervised, Pritikin-certified
, intensive cardiac rehabilitation (ICR) program for those with heart disease. Our expert team creates tailored plans, providing the support heart patients need to make lasting lifestyle changes.
Unlike traditional cardiac rehab, focusing on exercise alone, the three pillars of the Pritikin ICR program include:
- A healthy eating plan: a registered dietitian gives insight on healthy eating during cooking classes and educational talks.
- Safe, effective exercise: technicians safely monitor cardiovascular conditioning, strength training and flexibility.
- A healthy mindset: learn skills for managing stress and achieving mental and emotional well-being.
This comprehensive approach allows us to address the underlying lifestyle factors leading to heart attacks and heart disease. Studies show for those completing the program and following its recommendations, they reduce their chance of a future heart event by 50 percent or more.
How to Enroll
Your doctor will refer you to the Healthy Heart Program. You are a candidate if you have experienced any of the following:
- Heart attack
- Bypass surgery
- Stent procedure
- Chest pain
- Cardiac transplant
- Valve surgery
About the Program
- It spans 12 weeks and 36 visits
- An individualized plan is created based on a patient's overall health, fitness level and diet
- Visits are divided into two sessions; one focusing on exercise and the other on education
- Because many cardiac event survivors also suffer from depression, mental health is taken into account as well