Trans Voice and Communication Clinic, Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at UNR Med.The Trans Voice and Communication Clinic serves the Reno-Sparks and surrounding community Transgender population (FtM and MtF). The clinic provides assessments and individualized treatment programs to all ages for the purpose of voice modification and communication skills to better match gender identity. The University of Nevada, Reno Speech and Hearing Center and its clinics are a Safe Zone. Clinicians and supervisors are LGBTQIA friendly. https://med.unr.edu/spa/clinics/trans
We are pleased to provide access and resources through the Northern Nevada Transgender Resource Guide.
Eliminating Bias and Insensitivity
The Renown Health team has procedures and practices aimed at eliminating bias and insensitivity, and ensuring appropriate, welcoming interactions with transgender patients in the following areas. Training is conducted annually.
- Recording of the patient's name and pronouns in use admitting/registration records
- Use of patient's name and pronouns in use when interacting with and referring to transgender patients
- Protocols for interacting with transgender patients
- Guidelines for room assignments for transgender patients
- Access to restrooms
- Access to items that assist gender presentation
- Addressing potential problems with insurance/billing claims
- Access to hormone therapy
- Compliance with privacy laws
Electronic Medical Record
Renown’s electronic health records offer a way to explicitly capture the following information.