Brindando apoyo emocional a sus hijos y a usted.
- Assessing patients developmental level and tailoring interactions to each individual family need
- Helping children cope with worries, fears and/or separation
- Making doctors, needles, and tests a little less scary by creating coping plans
- Organizing activities in the playroom and at bedside
- Addressing parent and caregiver concerns
- Preparing patients and families for what to expect
- Fostering a therapeutic environment through play opportunities
- Offering a hand to hold during tests, procedures, and tough stuff
- Offering services like art, music and pet therapy
- Creating special memories and mementos for children and families in times of grief and loss
The Child Life Program is available seven days a week at Renown Health and the team can be reached at 775-982-5173.
Who Makes Up Renown’s Child Life Team?
The Child Life team is comprised of Certified Child Life Specialists and Child Life Assistants.
As professionals trained to work with children in medical settings, members of the child life team hold a bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of child life, child development and special education or recreational therapy. Our specialists are also professionally certified and affiliated with the Association of Child Life Professionals.
Renown Health is proud to hire additional Child Life professionals to join this growing team. Click here to learn more about open positions at Renown.
Agradecemos su generosidad
Como parte del programa de donación de Children's Hospital, su apoyo generoso brinda elementos muy necesarios para ayudar a nuestros pacientes más pequeños a sobrellevar los posibles factores estresantes asociados con la hospitalización y la enfermedad.Formulario de donación
Learn More About Our Child Life Team
Clases y eventos