Updated Thursday, September 23, 2021. The health and safety of our patients, families and staff members is our top priority. For more information on how to check in, call call 775-982-4100.
Visiting HoursIn continued support for our patients, Renown will allow designated patient supporters to visit their loved one during their stay. Please see patient supporter guidelines below.
Renown Regional Medical Center and South Meadows Medical Center Emergency Departments
- Patients may have one patient supporter while receiving care in the emergency departments. This includes pediatric patients in the Renown Children’s emergency department.
Renown Regional Medical Center and South Meadows Medical Center
- Patients may have two healthy adults designated as their patient supporters. Only two supporters may visit during the duration of each patient’s stay.
- Visiting hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- For Intensive Care Units (ICU): 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Visitors must be at least 12 years of age or older.
Renown Children's Hospital
- Pediatric patients may have two healthy adults designated as their patient supporters. Only two supporters may visit during the duration of each patient’s stay.
- Visiting hours: Open access, 24/7
- For the Pediatric unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU): Patient supporters must be at least 12 years of age or older.
Renown Rehabilitation Hospital
- Patients may have one healthy adult designated as their patient supporter. Only one supporter may visit during the duration of each patient’s stay.
- Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Patient Supporter Guidelines
To help us safeguard the health and wellness of our patients, care team, and community, we ask the following of our patient supporters and visitors:
- All people entering and visiting Renown sites must bring and wear a face mask.
- Eating and drinking is limited to our dining areas to help ensure the safety of everyone.
- Practice six-foot physical distancing at all times. Visual reminders are in place in public reception areas, elevators, shops and cafeterias.
- Patient supporters should not remove their masks while visiting their loved one. This means no eating or drinking while in the patient's room. Supporters are encouraged to visit on-site cafes or step outside if they would like to eat or drink.
- Supporters are asked not to congregate in the hospital's public spaces and promptly relocate from campus after visiting a loved one to ensure we are keeping all visitors and patients safe.
General Visitor Guidelines
- Please plan visits with young children with your nurse.
- Visitors with colds, coughs or other contagious illnesses are asked to remain at home until they are well.
- Children or adults who have been exposed to contagious diseases such as chickenpox must talk to the patient's nurse before visiting.
- Renown Health reserves the right to limit visitors in the best interests of patients, families, visitors or staff.
- Before or at the beginning of the visit or hospital stay, discuss with your loved one how much you should be involved in the updates with his/her hospital health care providers. Be sure to cover medication, advocacy, current condition and medical history.
- Keep a pen and paper handy when you speak to medical professionals. Ask questions and take notes to share with your loved one. Don't hesitate to ask them to re-explain a concept or to write something down. Notes of most patient visits are available through the patient's MyChart online account.
- If your loved one needs something or feels uncomfortable, please bring it to the attention of the care team.
- As you and your patient prepare to leave the hospital, please take time to review and understand all instructions.
- Adhere to all patient confidentiality and medical privacy policies.
- Smoke- and Tobacco-free. Renown Regional Medical Center is smoke- and tobacco-free. For people who choose to smoke or use tobacco, they will need to leave Renown property to do so.
- No Latex Balloons. Latex balloons are not allowed at Renown Children's Hospital, because many children have allergies to latex. Mylar balloons are allowed, and are available in our gift shops. Choose from three gifts shops, each offering a variety of children's gift items, toys and cards.
- Hospital Services. Visit the Patients and Visitors page for information on the many retail services offered such as food and dining, gift shops, the Inn at Renown, pharmacy and banking options.